If you are new to this blog . . .

If you are new to this blog you may want to check out the post on putting together a food storage meal plan so you can better understand how this blog is organized.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Storable Lunch - Boxed Mixes

Don't forget about boxed mixes when you are considering which lunches to add to your meal plan. Macaroni and Cheese or Hamburger Helper are simple enough that many kids could make them on their own if you needed them to. That was something we had to consider with our family. Use reconstituted powdered milk in place of milk and oil in place of butter if you need to. Remember that Hamburger or Chicken Helper can be eaten without meat if you had to as well.


My husband adds hot dogs when he's home with the kids for lunch. They took this picture without my knowing one Saturday - I just found it when I downloaded pictures from the camera! I don't know that you can consider it the healthiest of meals, but what kid isn't going to love it? I'll just make up for it by putting wheat flour in their muffins and beans in their cookies the rest of the week.

1 comment:

  1. James and I must be related :). Mac and cheese with hot dogs is my go to meal when I have no time but want my kids to have a warm meal. I do try to pair it with canned fruit or green beans.

    ReplyDelete