If you are new to this blog . . .

If you are new to this blog you may want to check out the post on putting together a food storage meal plan so you can better understand how this blog is organized.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Storable Lunch - Soup and Grilled cheese

 Canned soup always makes for a quick and easy storable meal. A favorite around here is just plain tomato. We always serve it along side a grilled cheese sandwich. Since cheese can store in the fridge or freezer for at least 3 months it is easy to always have some on hand. If only a few of the meals in your meal plan include cheese, you'll have room to store what you need.





My mom taught me this trick growing up - sprinkle just a little celery salt into canned tomato soup for an amazing flavor. My husband used to think I was crazy, but he finally tried it and now will only eat his tomato soup this way! My kids are the same way. I have to include celery salt in my list of spices I keep at the house so we'll want to eat those three cases of tomato soup! We make our soup with water, but it's easy to use powdered milk if your family prefers a creamy tomato soup version.

No comments:

Post a Comment