If you are new to this blog . . .

If you are new to this blog you may want to check out the post on putting together a food storage meal plan so you can better understand how this blog is organized.

Friday, May 6, 2011

Storable Lunch or Snack - Tortilla Roll-ups


Tortillas keep for a very long time so I always have some on hand.  If we were to ever run out, I know how to make my own and I have the ingredients as part of my meal plan.  I'll do a blog post on making tortillas another time.  Today I want to share a quick and easy storable lunch or snack idea.  

Cream cheese is another ingredient that will store at least 3 months in the refrigerator.  I buy enough when I see them for $.98 each to get me through at least 3 months.  


Spread a little cream cheese on a tortilla.  The kids love the strawberry cream cheese.  Sometimes I add rehydrated onions or green peppers to some softened regular cream cheese before spreading it. Chives are a tasty addition also, but plain cream cheese is great too.  For a sandwich, we spread plain cream cheese and add slices of lunch meat and cheese before rolling. It adds great variety to a picnic or school lunch.  Tortillas give you limitless options!


Roll up the tortilla.

For snacks, slice in 1-inch pieces. For sandwiches, I usually just cut in half.

Dip the plain or onion cream cheese rolls in salsa for an extra tasty treat.

1 comment: