If you are new to this blog . . .

If you are new to this blog you may want to check out the post on putting together a food storage meal plan so you can better understand how this blog is organized.

Friday, May 20, 2011

Storable Lunch - Leftovers

As you plan your meal plan for your 3-month supply, don't forget to think about what leftovers you may have from the dinners you will be making. At our home, we eat leftovers for lunch 3-4 days each week. I send leftovers in a thermos with my kids to school for lunch and my husband also takes leftovers in to work. Sometimes we freeze the leftovers to use in the next few weeks to rotate them and give us more variety in a week.

I really only needed to plan 6 new recipes for lunch on my meal plan. This helped me fill it in so much faster! It also cut down on the cost of collecting it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment